JUNE 12, 2013
Las Vegas, Nev. – Adding to an already extensive agenda, EDMbiz is proud to announce the next round of speakers for this year’s event, June 18 – 20, 2013.Consummate tastemaker, music supervisor, KCRW music director and DJ,Jason Bentley, returns as host for the 2nd annual confab that in year one quickly established itself asthe must attend conference for electronic dance music.Among the new delegates are renown DJs Pete Tong, Afrojack, Steve Aoki, Dash Berlin and Dirty South, agents Sam Kirby (WME), Maria May (CAA) and Matt Rodriquez (AM Only), managers Stephanie LaFera (Little Empire Music) and Matt Colon (Deckstar)and Beatport CEO Matt Adell. These speakers join an already impressive list including Perry Farrell (Artist and Founder of Lollapalooza), Rob Light (Managing Partner and Head of Worldwide Music, CAA), Marc Geiger (Head of Music, WME), James Barton (President, Live Nation Electronic Music), Shelly Finkel (Vice Chairman, SFX Entertainment), Joel Zimmerman (Global Head of Electronic Music, WME), Lee Anderson (Agent, AM Only) and many others (complete list below).
Conference programming details are emerging. Pete Tong will be the subject of a keynote “conversation with” hosted by Live Nation’s James Barton. Previously announced keynotes include a rare and exclusive conversation with CAA’s Rob Light hosted by Billboard’s Kerri Mason, and a much anticipated one-on-one between WME’s Marc Geiger and Perry Farrell as they reflect on the genesis and evolution of Lollapalooza and the EDM effect from year one to now.
The EDMbiz nighttime party schedule has also been officially announced! Conference attendees will be treated to complimentary admission to Las Vegas’ best nightclubs, including Lavo, Marquee, Surrender, TAO, Tryst, and others, featuring performances from ATB, Avicii, Dash Berlin, Dirty South, Morgan Page, Nero, Rusko and many more. Thursday night’s closing night party at the Cosmopolitan’s Boulevard Pool will feature a performance by Infected Mushroom. Attendees will also receive complimentary admission to Thursday night’s Bassrush Massive show at Orleans Arena.
Agenda topics and discussions at EDMbiz 2013 will include (with more to be announced):
- On the Beat | EDM Press: From mainstream to independent media, our panel of journalists will discuss some the greatest challenges and most compelling storylines emerging from EDM culture today.
- Growth & Investment: Leading money managers and financiers talk growth potential and key investment opportunities in dance music and peripherally associated businesses.
- Content is King: More than most genres, EDM dominates the digital space. What are the best strategies for generating original content, and how can you monetize content online?
- Festivals of the Future: Leading festival promoters and talent reps discuss the latest trends in the field, along with innovations and challenges in the festival arena.
- EDM’s Place at the Grammys: What does the Recording Academy do? How do you submit music for awards consideration?How do you become a member? Panelists will also discuss the DJ AM Memorial Fund, and forthcoming documentary on his life.
- Let’s Hug It Out | Agents in EDM: Top talent agents discuss their role in developing artists and helping shape the live music space. How do they identify talent, prioritize their roster and assess the best bookings for their clients?
- An Introduction to AFEM, the Association for Electronic Music: Find out why the world of EDM needs a global advocacy group to help push the culture forward. AFEM—a future alliance for future music.
- Adventures in Clubland: Key players from the nightlife industry discuss best practices and strategy for growth. How does a nightclub stay relevant? How do different markets compare?
- The Greatest Night of Your Life: This panel examines the grassroots passion behind successful events and spotlights one of the most important, yet often overlooked, components of a thriving music scene—the fan. Panelists will also offer a preview of the EDC documentary with directors Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz.
The EDMbiz conference will be held June 18 -20, as part of EDC Week, at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. More info and the most updated list of panelists and speakers for the conference can be found at www.edmbiz.com.